Sunday, August 08, 2021

‍Superstar Mahesh Babu's 'Birthday Exclusive' Interview

On the occasion of his birthday on August 9, Tollywood superstar Mahesh Babu talks to #KhabarLive about his future projects, looks back on the last year and has a special message for his fans.

Prince Mahesh Babu’s fans were recently treated to the star’s stylish first look from his upcoming film Sarkaru Vaari Paata. His last film to release was Sarileru Neekevvaru in January 2020, one of the biggest hits in Tollywood that year, before the pandemic began. While shooting schedules and release dates have been postponed due to the pandemic, Mahesh Babu has been spending time with family, working, and even promoting vaccination drives. In an interview with #KhabarLive, the actor talks about his future projects with directors Trivikram Srinivas and SS Rajamouli, looks back on the last year and conveys a special message for his fans.

The past year has not been easy on anyone. Looking back on it, how was your experience?

It’s been a time to reflect and learn about many things. It has also been a blessing in disguise because I got to spend quality time with my family, especially my father, my wife and two children which I would not have got otherwise, given my work schedule and the kids’ school timings.

I know. But still, to be cooped up together for so long isn’t the easiest of situations to be in, right?

I know. It’s not been easy for any of us. But all in all it’s been good for me. It was a break none of us expected and I’ve tried to make the most of it.

And are you optimistic about the coming months?

I’m a very positive person and I only look at the situation with the hope that things will get better if we all follow the protocols and guidelines given by the authorities. Also, vaccines are a big confidence booster for us and I really hope that our country and the rest of the world is vaccinated in order to go back to our normal lives soon .

Do you see your next release Sarkaru Vaari Paata making it to theatres?

Yes, it will make it to the theatres on January 13, in time for Sankranthi, I am  confident about that. We’ve all suffered enough. We need a  break. My films are made for the big screen and that I will never take away from my fans. I respect the Over-the-top (OTT) platform. But that is a separate entity. It’s the movie theatre where I meet my fans. We have a pact.

Tell us about your forthcoming films?

I have Sarkaru Vaari Paata coming out in January 2022, followed by a film by Trivikram Srinivas. Then I have Rajamouli garu’s film 

Everyone wants to know what you plan to do with SS Rajamouli, another Baahubali?

I know everyone is curious, damn curious. Even I am (he laughs). It’s too early to talk about the project. But I can tell you, it will be very special. But no, not another Baahubali.

What is your advice to your fans during these trying times?

I’d  just like to say to all those reading this that this has been a difficult time for all of us and we are all in this together. We will come out stronger and we will win this fight together if we follow the guidelines of our authorities. Please wear a mask at all times. We have to always remember that we’re going to have to learn to live with this new virus in a way where we are all safe. We have to protect our loved ones from the virus in any way we can. The virus isn’t going away anytime soon.

Any final message to your fans?

I want to say I love my fans and thank them for always showering me with so much love like they always have. I am always very grateful. Getting vaccinated is a very important message I want to give all my fans. It’s our only hope to get back to a normal life.

On the other hand, in a social media message Superstar Mahesh Babu has appealed to his fans to plant saplings on his birthday on August 9.

As a part of Green India Challenge, the actor took to his Instagram account to urge his fans to plant saplings on his birthday in a way to demonstrate their love and affection towards him.

“It always humbles me... All the things you do to celebrate the love you have for me. This year, I have a special request. I urge you all to plant 3 saplings each on my birthday to support the #GreenIndiaChallenge. Tag me in your posts so I can see them too! :) #HaraHaiTohBharahai @santoshkumarjoginipally (sic),” he posted with a beautiful picture on his Instagram page.

Thanking Mahesh Babu, MP Santosh Kumar, the founder of GIC, wrote, “This is so nice  @urstrulyMahesh garu! It’s so moving gesture to ask your huge fan base to plant three saplings to show their love for you on your birthday as part of #GreenIndiaChallenge. It’s all because of the massive support from personalities like yours, we have come this far.”

Earlier in May, the actor launched a vaccination drive in the village he adopted in Andhra Pradesh on May 31, the birthday of his father actor Krishna. “Vaccination is our ray of hope for a normal life again! Doing my bit to ensure everyone in Burripalem is vaccinated and safe. Extremely grateful to #AndhraHospitals for helping us arrange this vaccination drive (sic),” the star had tweeted earlier.

On the workfront, Mahesh Babu has started shooting for Sarkaru Vaari Paata, directed by Parasuram. If everything goes according to plan, the filmmakers hope to release the film in January 2022. #KhabarLive #hydnews

No comments: