Writer And Editorial Technical Support For Travelcop (JobCode: TC-E5-015)
At Travelcop we live to travel. Everything we do is designed to inspire and enable travellers to get out there and connect with the world beyond personal and geographical boundaries. Across all areas of Travelcop, we look for talented people who share our passion.
Travelcop currently has a great opportunity for a talented Writer & Editorial Technical Support person to join the Content team.
This is a full time position reporting to the Content Architect, based in our Hyderabad, India Office.
As Writer & Editorial Technical Support, you will beresponsible for providing high quality technical support, training and documentation/guidelines to Travelcop writers/content contributors and content editorial staff.
You will play a key role in triaging and responding to incoming technical help requests, and preparing and maintaining technical documentation and training packs.
You will ideally have experience in training groups and individuals, and creating and maintaining documentation.
To be successful in this role you will need a demonstrated ability to learn new technology, along with a proactive approach to problem solving, a strong ability prioritise a fluid workload, and excellent communication skills.
If you are excited by the prospect of supporting the backbone of Travelcop’s content flow and enjoy the challenge of helping authors and editors with a variety of technical skills and backgrounds, then this role could be perfect for you.
We’d love to hear from you.
To apply with your cover letter, salary expectations and resume, please click ‘apply’ below.
Advertising Solutions Manager For Travelcop (JobCode: TC-A4-015)
Travelcop Advertising Solutions team is responsible for representing Travelcop’s advertising inventory on multiple platforms including online, mobile and magazine. The Ad Solutions team is part of Travelcop Business Development which drives innovation and produces the next generation of Travelcop’s B2B products through strategic partnerships.
This Position based in Hyderabad, India on full time basis.
The Business Development team for Travelcop focuses on four primary objectives when representing our brand in the B2B market. Those are:
• Prospect, cultivate and close display & mobile advertising revenue, manage negotiations and successfully close new business opportunities to achieve individual, regional & global advertising sales & profit targets.
• Work with major accounts and their advertising agencies to establish relationships with clients and digital agencies that have advertised in the interactive space.
• Manage client relationships through day-to-day contact with the client, look for opportunities to up-sell, and ensure clients receive superior customer service.
• Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge.
• Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from larger competitors.
• Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
• Create effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, and the digital solutions LP offers.
• Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
• Effectively coordinate with a remote production team and collaborate with other ASMs across the globe when necessary, ensuring consistency in pitches & communication
• Articulate Travelcop’s overall business objectives and value proposition to the advertising
• Travel to major conferences and in-person meetings.
• Adhere to and demonstrate belief in Travelcop’s editorial independence & integrity and advertising guidelines
• A team player. Travelcop’s business development team and ad solutions team are one. We need people who are going to be willing to share contacts, information and come to the table thinking about what’s the best solution, not what’s best for them.
• Proven digital advertising sales experience at a senior level.
• A solid understanding of and connections within the EMEA market is required.
• Strong commercial and negotiation skills, demonstrating creativity in your negotiations, contracting and ideation. .
• Existing relationships with key advertising agencies & personnel is essential and within any of the following industries and their agencies is strongly desired: Tourism Boards airlines, financial institutions, alcohol brands, retail, entertainment, mobile, education or auto.
• Sound knowledge of the latest trends in the digital advertising industry and associated products, process & selling techniques is imperative.
• Attention to detail, organizational skills and follow-up are a must. A proven ability to make sense of chaos will definitely help!
• You need to be driven and self-motivating as the Ad Solutions Manager will work remotely with one other team member in your region.
• Travelcop is a global company and our employees are required to work off hours from time to time. We are looking for someone who will be flexible and can is comfortable with either early morning or late evening calls when necessary.
• An ability to speak business English, Hindi any of the Indian languages is very desirable.
Online Partnerships Associate, Travel Services (JobCode: TC-O9-015)
Travelcop is looking for a deeply analytical, technology savvy Online Partnerships Associate to manage our Travel Services partnerships and collaborate with our Director of eCommerce to meet and deliver our revenue expectations. Our ideal candidate is able to work cross functionally with a variety of departments from online marketing to technology and editorial; communicating our goals, bugs, and necessary improvements.
You will also be the first point of contact for our external partners and suppliers, helping to maximize traffic, sales, and bookings, leading and guiding all communications. This role would support the development of content and the optimization of existing and new partnerships, so a proven ability to build and expand relationships is a must!
You will be responsible for day-to-day account management of external partners, as well as preparing forecasts, budgets and accruals. You will execute performance and industry analyses and effortlessly communicate these findings to all of our internal stakeholders. This role requires a sense of urgency, dynamic problem skills, and a strong sense of organizational processes and requirements. If this sounds like you, read more below!
- Manage weekly / monthly performance of all travel services products: hotels & hostels, flight comparison, car rental, adventure tours, activities & things to do, travel insurance and other categories as they emerge, relative to budget and reforecast targets, including both financial and non-financial KPIs
- Suggest improvements to the product through detailed analysis of performance, utilizing internal and external data and consumer behaviour and conversations with external partners and suppliers
- Communicate analyses to relevant internal stakeholders
- Contribute to the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting process
- Day-to-day account management of external partners and suppliers
- Collaborate with internal teams (including but not limited to online marketing, PR, business development, editorial, and more) to provide input into online and content marketing campaigns
- Work closely with Development Teams on the integration of new partnerships, new landing pages, and online merchandising
- Ensure Quality Assurance of new products through testing and reporting bugs
- Manage review of invoices and partner reporting to ensure timely payment and invoicing
- Monitor travel services partner content integrity to ensure quality, accuracy and relevance of data and complies with Travelcop legal and copyright standards
- Help mediate customer services requests for travel services partnerships
- Evaluate industry analysis and understand current and emerging travel consumer needs and trends relating to online travel and e-commerce, and apply these to Travelcop’s online travel services proposition
- Influence and collaborate cross functionally online marketing to drive consumer awareness and usage of travel services
- Deeply analytical and able to drive improvements based on facts and performance data
- Account management experience
- Experience in compiling performance reports and analysing trends
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong time-management skills
- Experience establishing and improving operational processes and monitoring effectiveness
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Familiar with online marketing practices and procedures including PPC, SEO, advertising, affiliates, email and CRM, web analytics and online merchandising
- Ability to work independently
- 3+ years experience in similar capacity
- Multi-stakeholder management experience
- E-commerce, online travel or media agency experience
- Passionate about travel and making delightful travel experiences
Copy Editor - Travel (JobCode: TC-E6-015)
The Copy Editor for Travelcop will proof-read, revise and trim copy to required standards, in line with house style and brand image. They will be responsible for the accuracy and cultural relevance of the editorial pages for the print and tablet edition of the magazine, ensuring that all content re-purposed is accurate, up-to-date and relevant to a traveler. The Copy Editor will also write copy, headlines and photo captions under the supervision of the Editor.
- Check facts and proof-read copy for print and digital editions and online publication to ensure it is accurate, adheres to copyright and other laws and matches editorial house style and guidelines
- Copy edit features in the magazine and for Lonelyplanet.com and re-write as required so that it flows or otherwise reads better and adheres to Travelcop’s house style, in some cases with a consideration to keywords for online copy.
- Re-write copy re-used from other sources to ensure correct spelling, cultural references and tone for global audience.
- Ensure that all features fit a particular word count by cutting or expanding material as necessary
- Write headlines, decks, pull quotes and photo captions to a consistent editorial tone.
- Manipulate and modify on-screen copy using appropriate desktop publishing software for editorial corrections, including all folio changes.
- Raise questions about stories as needed and discuss content with the editorial team or contributors. Work to resolve problems and ensure that stories and headlines are accurate and complete.
- Ensure the editorial content of the magazine, both text and illustrations, meets the required commercial and editorial standards of quality, accuracy, consistency of house style, Travelcop policy and legality.
- Carry out other adhoc research, writing tasks and other projects as briefed by the Editor.
- Work with the editorial team, freelance writers and production supplier to ensure that all copy is delivered on time and all page layouts are delivered in the correct format and hit the agreed production schedule.
- Check all copy before it moves from print to the digital edition looking for missing or broken links and other problems.
- Work with the editorial and commercial team and production supplier to create the optimal workflow to create both print and tablet editions.
- Keep abreast of current travel developments affecting the interests and concerns of readers to ensure editorial remains accurate, topical and relevant.
- Experience of working as a Copy Editor for a e-magazine.
- Strong attention to detail and good organisational skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to create succinct and accurate headlines in the space allocated by the layout.
- An innate curiousity of geography, travel and relevant trends shaping content in these areas
- Knowledge of magazine production processes & technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Deadline oriented, with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Flexible hands-on approach
- A passion for travel and an understanding of the needs of travelers
Become Our Freelance Travel Writer / Photographer (JobCode: TC-E7-015)
Each month we receive many applications from people around the world from people who are interested in contributing to Travelcop. Be sure to check back often for openings, as we do invite a few people in from time to time.
BECOME A WRITER
We currently have more than 50 skilled and experienced freelance writers working on all our travel exploration sections and currently all our needs are met. If you’re interested in being a writer for Travelcop, come back to this part of the site each month for the latest update. If we’re recruiting for someone with your expertise, we’d love to hear from you.
Travelcop is not currently seeking proposals of any kind. From time to time, submissions to email@example.com may be reviewed but we will only get in touch with you if we wish to discuss the proposal further.
BECOME A PHOTOGRAPHER
Here at Travelcop, we pride ourselves on using excellent photography to inspire our readers to explore the incredible sights the world has to offer. We work with photo libraries, as well as utilising our own stock of commissioned images, and occasionally work directly with photographers who love to travel, have an eye for detail, and a fresh angle on well-worn landmarks. If you’re interested in sharing your unique view of the world and think you could add further inspiration to Travelcop fans, please email firstname.lastname@example.org