Thursday, December 04, 2014

Shocking: 'Live Worms' Found In 'SubWay' Burgers And Other Products In Hyderabad Outlets

Please double check and see carefully before wolfing down your staple dainty, delicious Sub at a nearby Subway store, lest a little live worm should become a part of your meal.

For, Ashish Reddy was flabbergasted when, in his own words, “I found one live worm patiently waiting inside to kiss my lips and die" at SUBWAY store in Ramky Towers, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. He has even posted a detailed account of the incident at his Facebook page along with some images that will make your hair stand on end and make you think twice before visiting a Subway store again, unless you are fond of eating worms.

New offer in store from Subway... Live worm free with Veg as well as Non-Veg subs!! 

"I went to SubWay store in Ramky Towers, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. I ordered one Non-Veg sub along with few more items and voila, I found one live worm patiently waiting inside to kiss my lips and die! While eating midway, I saw some creature grooving in my sub and staring at me. It was a shock of my life considering that I was staying in India and not China where worms are commonly eaten. Worm could crawl and was still alive. I went to the store manager, Mr. Rajashekhar to show it and instead of being apologetic, he offered me to replace the sub, as if this was common routine for them at the store.

I refused the replacement asking to speak to the owner and how this happened at the very first place. He did not pay much heed to the conversation and kept arguing with Chalta-Hai attitude. After few minutes, he asked for my visiting card and rudely told us to go ahead and do whatever we want and complain to whichever authority we wanted to. I have been to US for majority of my last few years and I can vouch that no store would have dared to take this lightly and enter into such indifferent, ill-mannered rude behavior. 

I thought over past few days and decided to let it go considering the system here in India. However, yesterday, I received call from the owner of the store informing me about the new subway store he was going to open in Talkie Town Movie Complex, Miyapur compound in Hyderabad. He was mocking me as if he did not bother about the incident and boastfully telling about expanding the business even after pathetic customer service and quality of food. 

Enough was enough. I have now decided to raise it to every possible avenue, starting here at social media. If we live these guys to their whims and fancies, we will keep encountering such incidences in life without any fruitful result. This subway outlet caters to majority of MNC crowd who work nearby and flock to the outlet for quick bite during lunch or dinner. I urge all of you to stay away from this store and spread as much as possible so that they realize what mistake they have made. They can't take their customers for granted. We together have enough strength to teach these manner-less outlets.

I am attaching all the pics related to the incident which have enough evidence to prove them guilty. India is focusing currently on hygiene on one end and same time, our food itself is not hygienic & healthy enough to eat! I also request you to advise how and where else I can take it up to the concerned authority for its proper conclusion.”

No comments: