Monday, May 06, 2013

MODERN SHAHJEHAN BUILDS 'NEW TAJMAHAL'

By Kajol Singh / Delhi

Who said only Shah Jahan could immortalise his beloved wife? Bulandshahr has its own modern- day Shah Jahan in Faizul Hasan Kadari ( 77), who is building a “ Taj Mahal” in memory of his late wife Begum Tajmulli.

“ I used to think that Shah Jahan insulted the common man by building a magnificent monument to love.
But after the death of my wife in December 2011, I realised that it had more about the intensity of love than the money. Since we were issueless and I had no other liabilities, I started construction of my own Taj Mahal on a piece of land which was not useful for agricultural purposes,” Kadari, a retired postmaster, said.

The structure, built on an area of 5,000 sqft, is much smaller than the original monument of love and Kadari is yet to buy marble stones.

“ There would be everything which the Taj Mahal has. When completed, it will cover about two acres of land, which may also have a garden similar to the garden of Taj Mahal. I have spent about ` 20 lakh so far,” Kadari said.

Tajmulli’s tomb is inside Kadari’s Taj Mahal. “ I have written in my will that my graveyard should be besides her,” he said.

No comments: